Terms and Conditions
1.A 50% deposit will be required once a booking is made in cash/ cheque or electronic transfer.
Confirmed bookings will only be accepted once the deposit has cleared.
PROVISIONAL BOOKINGS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
The outstanding balance is then to be paid prior to the commencement date of any agreed services as per your contract, by cash/ cheque or electronic transfer.
The outstanding balance for any dog walking services/ home visits, is to be paid 48 hours prior to the commencement date of contract by cash/ cheque or electronic transfer.
All Payment arrangements for emergency visits will be as mutually agreed in respect of any services provided.
2. Cancellation charges apply in the form of loss of a deposit, as per contract..
3. Customer agrees that should customer return from holiday early and decide to collect customer's dog before the end of your booking you will not be entitled to any refund.
4. All clients are required to complete fully and honestly the boarding questionnaire and agree to our terms and conditions. Failure on customer's part to disclose any matter which in our view might render customer's dog unsuitable for any service provided by Paws platoon, will amount to breach of conditions and termination of customer's dog's stay without refund.
5. Customer's dog must undertake a meet and greet and trial walk prior to any services undertaken. to ensure all parties are happy. This may be waived in special circumstances where extreme distances are involved, or emergency short notice stays are required. A very open and honest discussion before hand must be made with re-assurance from customer that customer's dog has ‘no issues’. If during their stay ‘issues’ become apparent, then customer will be contacted and will need to make alternative arrangements. Customer's payment will be forfeited.
6. Customer accepts that other dogs may be boarding at the same time as their own up to 2 maximum and that such a setting is not without risk of some injury to customer's dog. No dog registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 will be accepted for home boarding.
7. Customer's dog is non-aggressive, but should it show aggressive tendencies towards the dog carer or their family, or should it’s behaviour become uncontrollable or a nuisance beyond reasonable acceptance, the customer agrees that the stand in emergency contact person will collect the dog on behalf of the customer. If the emergency contact holder is unavailable, the customer agrees for their dog to be placed into suitable alternative Dog Boarding/Kennel’s until customer's return and that customer will need to meet any additional costs on customer's return. (This is failing the ability of customer or the emergency contact person to come and collect customer's dog). No refund will be given.
8. Customer agrees that if customer's dog attacks, or is involved in a fight with, another dog (and/or person) causing injury to that dog (and/or person), customer will be responsible for any losses incurred as a result including, but not limited to, payment of veterinary fees in respect of injuries to another animal caused by your dog. We recommend but do not insist that your dog be insured against sickness, accident or injury and for third party liability prior to boarding.
9. Customer agrees for Paws platoon, the carer to make any decisions regarding customer's dog’s health providing it is acting in the best interest of customer's dog, that they have made every attempt to contact customer or the emergency contact person first and that it is on the advice of a qualified veterinary surgeon. Vet bills that customer’s dog may incur will be met and paid by customer on customer's return. We recommend but do not insist that your dog be insured against sickness, accident or injury and for third party liability prior to boarding.
10. Customer's dog must not be known to chew, scratch or destroy furniture or house fittings under normal circumstances. Should customer's dog’s behaviour become uncontrollable, destructive or unreasonable, the customer agrees that the stand in emergency contact person will collect the dog on behalf of the customer. If the emergency contact holder is unavailable, the customer agrees for their dog to be placed into suitable alternative Dog Boarding/Kennel’s until customer's return and that customer will need to meet any additional costs on customer's return
11. Customer agree that customer is financially responsible for any damage to property whilst customer's dog is boarding, this includes the soiling of carpets which require cleaning and damage to other dogs property whilst boarding including bedding.
12. Customer confirms customer's dog’s immunisations including Kennel Cough are up to date and customer’s dog has been treated for fleas with a prescribed flea treatment and wormed prior to admittance. Vaccinations must be completed at least 4 weeks before boarding.
13. Should customer be unable to collect your dog on the arranged day, customer will contact company immediately to re-arrange collection or to arrange delivery. Any additional charges will be met by the customer for additional days (chargeable per 24 hours) If no contact is made within a reasonable time, company will endeavour to re-home your dog.
14. Company reserves the right to decline to care for any dog company considers to be visibly unwell at the time of leaving the dog with us. Company also reserves the right to withdraw from a booking with an un-spayed bitch in season, or due to come into season, whilst resident with us. Company will not be liable for any costs incurred by the dog’s owner in the event of such cancellations and will not provide a refund.
15. Paws Platoon takes great pride in the care of any animal in our charge, however, company cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in company's care.
16. Please note: Should customer's dog develop kennel cough or any other infectious/contagious disease whilst boarding with company, customer will be contacted or the emergency contact person for customer's dog’s removal. Whilst waiting for the dog to be collected the customer agrees to their dog be placed in isolation to prevent spread of the infectious / contagious disease. Company will not be liable for any costs incurred as a result and no refund will be given.
17. Customer's dog will be photographed during its stay with company. These images may be used on our Website/Facebook Pages etc. unless customer specifically requests us not to do so. Any such request will be noted on your Dog Boarding Form.